Embarking on the college journey can be both exciting and challenging, but did you know that there’s a perfect dog breed for every student character? From energetic companions to cuddly study buddies, discover the best dogs for college students that not only provide companionship but may even offer academic help along the way.
Best Dog Breeds for College Students
Bull Dog – jock/ sports lover
The Bulldog Starter Pack:
Can’t tell if you’re a bulldog kinda guy or a girl? Well… if you check off more than a few of these bullets, we can safely say that you and a bulldog just might be best buddies.
- The gym is your life. And we don’t mean that lightly… If your local gym were licensed to legally wed people, you’d be first on their list to smooch the bride/groom underneath the squat rack.
- You can’t remember the last time you didn’t compulsively join in on the pick-up football gym outside your window.
- Your alcohol tolerance is so high that your campus’s biology department has asked you to participate in a research study to determine if you’re one of the 10,000 people in the world who are “immune to alcohol.”
- You swear you didn’t mean to hurt your pal Rick/Sarah. You were just trying to show him/her the “safest” way to perform a double-leg takedown.
The bulldog is short, stocky, and ready for action, kinda like your sports-loving, all-around “guys’ guy” buddy Eric. The bulldog would never dare to miss out on some good ol’ physical fun, whether that be some football in the quad, a mock wrestling match in the dorm lobby, or a 3-hour gym session filled with grunting, ample time spent standing around and flexing and teaching all the noobs how to bench “the right way.” The bulldog is usually a pretty chill dude, but if you say one of his trigger words, like “wimp” or “yeah right” he flies off the handle and enters a state that you and your buddies can only describe as “freak mode” (although he prefers the term beast mode).
Afghan hound – the most popular sorority girl
The Afghan Hound Starter Pack:
Can’t tell if you’re an Afghan hound sort of girl? Well… if you check off more than a few of these bullets, we can safely say that you and the Afghan are destined to be one another’s “BAE.”
- You’re so confident around guys that if one were actually to turn you down, you’d probably have to take your second semester off and go on a three-month-long soul-searching trip to Europe.
- Up until Senior year of high school, you just kinda assumed that everyone could be this effortlessly popular and loveable if they just “put themselves out there.”
- Every time you go to NYC with your besties, you come home with a stack of modeling business cards, and you’re actively thinking about where to move the collection of them once they start to overflow your desk drawer.
- You’ve never dated a guy who wasn’t at least one of these three: (1) a D1-recruited athlete, (2) the son of a congressman, or (3) a Forbes “30 under 30” finalist.
The Afghan hound is the female counterpart to the bulldog. The Afghan hound is just like your enviable sorority sister, Erica. Her hair, makeup, and outfits are always fire, and she somehow is liked by everybody, even though you would all love to hate her guts. The Afghan hound can be spotted sunbathing in the quad after getting the hot chemistry professor’s number, leading the charge with the sorority’s annual fundraiser, and turning heads at the fitness center. Everybody is pretty certain that the Afghan hound will either marry a movie star, become a movie star herself, or start a world-renowned charity after graduation; anything less just wouldn’t seem right.
Siberian Husky –laid back, popular but a lowkey loner
The Siberian Husky Starter Pack:
Not sure if you’re a Siberian Husky kind of guy? Well… If you check off more than a few of these, then you can bet your butt that you and a Husky would be best bros.
- You didn’t really have a clique in high school. You were too smart for the jocks but not weird or nerdy enough for the actual nerds. Your solution to this problem was to just be nice to everybody.
- You’ve always been athletic and into sports, but you knew you’d never be a college athlete, and you never let sports distract you from school.
- You made a literal business out of helping people with their homework. That is… until junior year when the actual nerds caught wind of this and ratted you out to the principal.
- Sometimes you feel like you don’t really fit in anywhere, but nobody ever suspects a thing, because “but… you’re so cool, and like… normal ”
The Siberian Husky is the more mellow, less obnoxious version of the bulldog. He’s confident, focused, and popular, but he won’t ever be seen getting arrested for going a little overboard while “teaching” the freshmen how to do MMA “the right way.” The Siberian Husky prefers to let his charm and prestige do the work. And although he’s physically fit and into sports, he doesn’t live, eat, and breathe for quad football or 3-hour killer gym (read: flexing) sessions. The Siberian Husky will probably make the Dean’s List and go on to be quite successful, but he tries to keep things modest (or at least not outright obnoxious like his bulldog pal).
Golden Retriever – everybody’s the buddy
The Golden Retriever Starter Pack:
Not yet sold on the Golden Retriever, even though everybody’s been hounding you to get one? Well… browse through the list below to find out, once and for all, if you and the Retriever are meant to be.
- You can’t remember the last time you actually got in a fight, said something means, or hurt someone’s feelings. And this includes your absolute dick of an uncle, Gary.
- Your friends always call you when things get a bit too heated, and they need someone to break things up.
- You can’t remember the last time you didn’t get at least 3 Christmas gifts for each of your friends (and even your acquaintances!).
- Sometimes people try to screw you over, assuming that you’re “too nice,” but you’re always able to somehow resolve the situation and put them in their place without even having to raise a finger or dismantle their psyche.
It should come as no surprise that the Golden Retriever is everybody’s buddy. Regardless of gender, the Golden Retriever is just one likable dude/girl. The Golden Retriever can be seen going out of their way to bring a smile to their friends’ day, often by shouting “Drinks on me!”, surprising everybody with free stuff, digging up awesome opportunities that are somehow perfectly catered to your personality and just being all-around loveable and nice. Regardless of any quirks or vices the Golden Retriever has, it’s hard not to love them for very long.
Poodle – that one pretentious exchange student from France
The Poodle Starter Pack:
Self-aware enough to suspect that you’re an infamous Poodle person? Well… hats off to you and your honesty! But, just to be sure you’re up to Poodle-level snuff, you may want to take a look at the list below and do a bit more introspection.
- Well… you’re from France.
- You’re pretentious as hell. If in doubt, just ask literally anybody around you.
- You don’t particularly like America or Americans.
- You think you’re way cooler than you are. Again, just ask literally anybody!
Every campus has its poodle—that one pretentious European exchange student who always has some sort of “Well… in France… vee do it zis vay!” objection for every possible scenario. The poodle might even be exceptionally good-looking, but their pretentiousness is just way too much to handle. The poodle has made it clear that they are way too good for anything that “vees ztupid Amerikeens” like to do and has ensured that everybody knows their disdain for all things campus culture. The poodle might have even attempted to form a break-away campus group centered on bringing French culture into the spotlight, but you’re honestly hoping it failed miserably and trying not to think too much about it.
Rottweiler – he seems like a cool dude and always has the hook up for you, but there’s always a chance he might tear your head off at a moment’s notice
The Rottweiler Starter Pack:
Not sure if you’re a Rottweiler kinda guy/girl? Read below to find out.
- You’ve done a little “time.”
- You have at least one face tattoo.
- Your main source of income is dealing, and we don’t mean dealing cards at the casino.
- You’re not actually a college student. You’re just still hanging around on campus after graduating three years ago.
The rottweiler is, in short… your “hook up,” your “plug,” or whatever you wanna call it. He seems like a pretty cool dude, and he’s always pretty nice to you, but he’s got a teardrop tattoo, and you’re not sure how many years he’s done, or if you even want to know. The rottweiler is a mostly likable fella, but you never really know when he might pull out a Glock to “get things straight” with you. The rottweiler is loveable in an odd way—I mean… you depend on the guy—but you’re never fully at ease around him and certainly wouldn’t invite him anywhere anytime soon.
Shiba Inu – gamer nerd kid who’s into anime
The Shiba Inu Starter Pack:
Not sure if you and the Shiba are true soulmates? Read below to find out if you and the Shiba will be partners in quirky crime.
- You literally can’t remember the last time you went more than 24 hours without gaming.
- When people ask what your favorite anime series is, you have to pause and weigh all the pros and cons for at least five minutes. “Uh… well, that depends on what you mean by ‘favorite’!”
- Come summertime, you transform your bedroom (or basement?) into a “game cave” and won’t see the light of day for months.
- You started learning Japanese in high school, and now you’re damn-near fluent.
The Shiba Inu is the quintessential quirky gamer nerd who can’t stop yabbering about their favorite anime series. The Shiba Inu is actually pretty damn adorable and cuddly looking, but they’re so quirkily devious that sometimes you have to take a break for a while. Overall, the Shiba Inu is actually pretty cool, but they’re certainly not for everybody. And while sometimes you have the strange urge to invite them over or go hang out with them, you’re never sure if you can handle their onslaught of obscure anime and gaming references.
Borzoi – the loveable eccentric
The Borzoi Starter Pack:
Not sure if you and the Borzoi will be buddies? Take a peek below to find out. Here are four signs you and the Borzoi are meant to be.
- In high school, you wore a cape in between classes and ran down the hallways screaming catchphrases from Marvel movies.
- You were so skinny that your nickname was “The Bean.”
- No matter how hard you try, you always look gangly, awkward, and out of place.
- Your parents are just as weird as you are, and you didn’t find out that you’re actually weird until you started going to real, non-homeschooled school in the 10th grade.
The Borzoi is just plain old weird. The Borzoi is probably “that one kid” from high school. You know… that kid who ran down the hallway in a cape and screamed quotes from Marvel movies and comic books. But, this is college, and the Borzoi has actually matured a little. After high school graduation, the Borzoi vowed to hang up the cape for good and actually start being a little less over-the-top crazy. And it’s actually paid off. Although the Borzoi is still weird, you kinda have to love them. There’s just something to their quirkiness that really allows you to open up (and by “open up” we mean that you can get sloppy drunk around them, and they’re not liable to post a video of you and share it to their 100k followers!).
Airedale Terrier – the pastor’s kid gone wild
The Airedale Starter Pack:
Not sure if you’re “Airey” enough for the Airedale? Well, if you check off more than a few of the bullets below, you can be sure that you’re Airedale material.
- Either of these two things is true: (1) your dad was a pastor, or (2) you’re a trust fund baby.
- You started to give up on everything come the second semester of college.
- One of your passions is getting new and provocative body piercings.
- It’s not a normal week for you if you don’t do a little ketamine or have a DMT smoke sesh or two.
The Airedale used to have a bit of a pedigree. Key word, “used.” The best you can tell the Airedale is either a trust fund baby or a pastor’s kid, but somewhere along the lines, they completely gave up on everything good and holy (and, well… just everything in general). The Airedale used to be well put together and would’ve never dared to get a tat or chain smoke in their younger years. But come college, the Airedale has decided it’s time to let loose. Some of the bolder Airedales might even be spotted with a nose ring or even a brow piercing and a face that, for good measure.
The Bichon Frise – the stereotypical sheltered kid
The Bichon Frise Starter Pack:
Feeling like the Bichon is your soon-to-be best buddy? Well, take a look at the list below and find out if you and the Bichon are truly meant to be.
- You’re an only child with way overprotective parents.
- A “wild week” for you is missing the bus and having to walk to class.
- If you’re out after 11 PM an app on your phone automatically notifies your parents.
- You still feel guilty about jaywalking a few months ago and are considering going to therapy for it.
The Bichon Frise is the stereotypical sheltered kid. He or she is the kind who feels compulsive guilt if they even step within a thousand feet of a party or someone doing anything remotely “unsafe.” You once saw the Bichon making their way to the bar, but halfway there, they backed out with their typical “Yeah guys… I don’t know…” objection. Contrary to popular belief, the Bichon actually does have a bit of a wild streak, but they’ll be damned if they let anybody around them in the everyday world know about it.
The Maltese – the Ritz “bitz”
The Maltese Starter Pack:
Not sure if you and the Maltese are best friend material? Check out the list below to find out.
- You’re a daddy’s girl, and your dad happens to be the founder and CEO of a megacorporation.
- The last time you didn’t get what you wanted, you ran away screaming, “Wait until my dad finds out about THIS!!”
- You feel a little embarrassed that you actually didn’t use to be “that wealthy.” In middle school, your dad was “only” worth 20 million as opposed to 200 million, and you were stuck wearing Channel instead of Gucci and Louis.
- Your family has an under-the-table deal worked out with the Dean to ensure that you’ll never flunk a class or get kicked out for messing around with the professor.
The Maltese are just like Paris Hilton… except with way less charm and tact. The Maltese were kicked out of her sorority for jumping on another girl and threatening to stab her with a spoon after someone asked if she was “really that wealthy.” The Maltese expect that everybody should just know her status simply by looking at her and her half-a-million-dollar outfit (that actually kinda looks like something stolen off a hobo’s back, but hey… it’s Gucci?).
The English Cocker Spaniel – the loveable British chap
The English Cocker Spaniel Starter Pack:
Still can’t decide if you and the Cocker should share a locker? Read below to make sure that there are no shockers.
- You moved to the US from the UK a few months ago.
- You’re wealthy but not super wealthy. Your dad’s a corporate lawyer.
- You were a star cricket player back home.
- You’re a “quite alright chap,” but you’re having just a bit of trouble acclimating to the American way of doing things.
The Cocker Spaniel is a loveable dude (read: chap), but he’s just… a little out of place. The Spaniel moved to the US from London a few months ago, and he’s still trying to wriggle himself into the American way of doing things. You’ll never forget that one time when he asked, “What time are you going for tea, though?” or that time he had a complete meltdown over there not being any “water biscuits” (whatever the hell that means). Earlier in the semester, the Spaniel tried to start up a cricket league in the quad, but it never really got any traction. Unfortunately, some of the biology and entomology majors caught wind of the idea and became convinced he wanted to start a cricket sanctuary. You’re never gonna let the Spaniel forget about that one!
The Bedlington Terrier – the on-campus alien and just one of the good college dogs
The Bedlington Terrier Starter Pack:
No clue if you and the Bedlington Terrier are totally meant to be? That’s understandable… The Bedlington is a, uh… “a little different” and certainly not for most. Read more to find out.
- People sometimes mistake you for an extraterrestrial entity.
- People either ignore you completely or give you a “get away from me” stare.
- Similar to the Borzoi, you never really realized how freakishly strange you are until your parents’ put you in a real school.
- You’re extremely odd, even compared to the Borzoi. And that’s saying a lot!
The Bedlington is… uh… are they even human? The Bedlington Terrier is that one strange person you always see around campus at the strangest of times. To be totally honest, you’re not even sure that they’re not a figment of your imagination and that you’re not totally losing it. The Bedlington is guaranteed to have a very strange posture, an odd gait, completely off-the-wall fashion, and a very unique-looking face that only a mother could truly love. You’re sure Bedlington is a good person, but you’re not exactly sure you want to get close enough to find that out.
In the realm of student life, choosing the right pets for college students is as crucial as making sure a service like AffordablePapers.com is a reliable writing service to entrust your ‘write my essay for cheap’ request to. Just like a trusted ally, a well-matched furry friend can enhance the college experience and bring immeasurable joy. Choose wisely and enjoy the perfect partnership!
Good dogs for students can provide companionship, reduce stress, and promote a healthy lifestyle. Whether it’s a playful Labrador Retriever for an active student or a calm and affectionate Golden Retriever for a more laid-back individual, having a college dog by your side can make the educational journey even more enjoyable and fulfilling. If you’re not a dog person, you may check out the article and choose the best student cat.
Luxury Cars of Billionaire Celebrities: Exploring Their Exquisite Ford Collections
In a world where opulent automobiles symbolize success and prestige, it’s no surprise that billionaire celebrities are drawn to the...
Bol Bol Net Worth 2023; Real Name, Girlfriend & Biography
Who is Bol Bol? Bol Bol is a professional basketball player. He is known for his unique combination of size...
Larry Wheels Net Worth 2023; Income, Wife & Biography
Who is Larry Wheels? Larry Wheels, whose real name is Larry Williams, is a well-known powerlifter, bodybuilder, and social media...
Trevor Wallace Net Worth 2023; Income, Wife & Biography
Who is Trevor Wallace? Trevor Wallace is a comedian, content creator, and social media influencer. Trevor Wallace gained popularity through...
Michael Stuhlbarg Net Worth 2023; Income, Wife & Biography
Who is Michael Stuhlbarg? Michael Stuhlbarg is an American actor known for his versatile and acclaimed performances in film, television,...
Donnie Yen Net Worth 2023; Income, Wife & Biography
Who is Donnie Yen? Donnie Yen, whose full name is Donnie Yen Ji-dan (甄子丹), is a renowned Hong Kong actor,...
Grant Gustin Net Worth 2023; Income, Wife & Biography
Who is Grant Gustin? Grant Gustin is an American actor and singer best known for his role as Barry Allen,...
Evan Peters Net Worth 2023; Income, Girlfriend & Biography
Who is Evan Peters? Evan Peters is an American actor known for his versatile roles in film and television. In...